We are looking to employ a detail-oriented and experienced production Engineer to create, modify, and manage production schedules. The production planner’s responsibilities include monitoring inventory levels, regularly providing production status updates to management, and facilitating the timely delivery of products to customers. You should also be able to closely monitor the production process to ensure that production orders are completed on time and within budget.
To be successful as a production engineer, you should be knowledgeable of material requirements planning and able to manage production deadlines. Ultimately, an exceptional production planner should demonstrate excellent time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills to ensure that production operations run smoothly.
Production Engineer Responsibilities:
- Evaluating purchase orders to create suitable production schedules.
- Estimating the amount of material, equipment, and labour required for production.
- Promptly addressing and resolving production issues to minimize delays in production.
- Coordinating production operations in accordance with material, labour, and equipment availability.
- Recommending viable solutions to reduce production costs as well as improve production processes and product quality.
- Effecting changes to production schedules to ensure that production deadlines are met.
- Compiling status and performance reports and submitting them to management in a timely manner.
- Promptly informing the relevant departments of changes to current production schedules.
Production Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field is preferred.
- Proven experience working as a production engineer.
- Sound knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP) and related software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.